Jumat, 04 Desember 2009

in the morning

I know 3 places in Indonesia called Ketapang. First is Ketapang in Banyuwangi, East Java, which is well known for its port used to cross to Gilimanuk, Bali. The next is Ketapang in West Kalimantan, a district on the south of West Kalimantan. The last one is Ketapang in Sampang, Madura. My travel to Sampang last September completed my visits to all 3 Ketapangs in Indonesia.
I woke early one day, hiked the small hill and took this photo from a ground perspective showing calm morning with sunrise behind the hill. I could see the sea from here, and this is how this part of Ketapang gets its name, Ketapang Laut.

2 komentar:

  1. Fourth, Ketapang in Lampung Province. Ketapang is a district in South Lampung Regency, close to sea. There were lived Ketapang trees.

    BalasHapus
  2. Yup, you right. There is one more Ketapang. If I'm not mistaken, I had passing the place once when in 2004 on my way to Aceh by bus from Jakarta.
    -ind-

    BalasHapus